You are in a new home or repainting the home you are living in currently. You want to create a timeless color story; however, you do not know where to start? A neutral color palette is timeless and will create a foundation from which you can build any color palette.
Neutral colors come in many ways – from tints, tones, and shades of white to grays, browns, and even black. Pairing certain neutrals together can provide the perfect blend for those looking for a calm, soothing environment.
The flowing is some great tips:
1. Look to incorporate large pieces that are solid as opposed to patterned. This provides for the most amount of versatility.
2. Use gray and cool tones in spaces that have an abundance of light if you desire to cool down.
3. Create a blend using soft neutrals together such as soft tan or gray and muted pastels.
4. Try using tans and brown tones in spaces you wish to feel warm and cozy.
5. Use neutrals as a springboard to either a predominately neutral color palette or one in which you wish to infuse pops of color.
6. Blend metallics and florals into your neutral color palette.
7. Use rugs and artwork as an opportunity to bring in neutrals on a large scale.
8. Consider tactile materials as a way of softening a space.
9. Create a sense of contrast by pairing light neutrals such as taupe and gray with dark neutrals such as brown and black.
10. Consider pastels and pastel tones as a way to blend soft color into a neutral color palette.
Keep in mind that whether you are interested in buying a home or selling a home, a Realtor should represent you– this person is working for your benefit and will help you navigate through the buying or selling process. We have celebrated selling both New and Resale Homes for over thirty years…..
We are here to answer any questions you might have – just email email@example.com
Thanks and make it a terrific day…………The Smith King Team